50 Cent (American Rapper)
50 Cent is an American rapper, record producer, businessman, and actor. After facing disappointment with his very first album which never saw the light of day, 50 Cent started his musical career with a series of hit mix tapes.
A controversial yet popular figure in the Gangsta rap genre, 50 Cent’s criminal history has been a topic of discussion for many. Growing up in Queens, he had a rough childhood. He began selling drugs at a very young age. In the year 2000, he got shot nine times but managed to survive the attack.
Taking it as a life lesson, 50 Cent started concentrating on his musical career, and his first claim to fame came in the form of ‘Get Rich or die Tryin.’ The album turned out to be a blockbuster and was certified 8× Platinum by ‘The Recording Industry Association of America’ (RIAA).
He credits Eminem for his success, claiming that Eminem trusted him when nobody else did. He also says that he has been a huge admirer of the rapper. Eminem once said the troubles 50 Cent went through as a kid shows in his lyrics, and that his pain, horrors, and troubles would resonate with the listeners.
Eminem’s prediction came true as 50 Cent went on to sell nearly 30 million copies of his records, and is the recipient of many music awards. Apart from music, he has a thriving career as an actor, and has rubbed shoulders with some of the biggest actors and directors in Hollywood. His business ventures have also been quite successful. Not surprisingly, 50 Cent is frequently listed among the richest rappers of our times.
- 50 Cent attended New York’s Andrew Jackson High School.
- His mother Sabrina gave birth to him when she was only fifteen years old.
- After his mother’s untimely death, 50 was raised in his grandparents’ house with eight aunts and uncles.
- 50 was first arrested in high school after his gym teacher discovered crack vials in his sneakers.
- 50 Cent bought Mike Tyson’s mansion with the proceeds from “In Da Club”.In the eighties, 50 competed as an amateur boxer in the Junior Olympics.
- His moniker was inspired by a thief from Brooklyn of the same name.
- 50 Cent’s first record deal was with the late Jam Master Jay’s JMJ imprint.
- 50 was the first solo artist to have three singles in the Billboard Top 5 simultaneously, those being “How We Do”, “Candy Shop” and “Disco Inferno”.
- Steve Harvey Allegedly Scared Of His Wife Majorie Harvey - 10 September 2023
- Amber Rose Proves She’s The Ultimate Baby Mama On Wiz Khalifa’s Birthday - 10 September 2023
- 50 Cent Not Happy With “The Expendables 4” Poster: “Did We Run Out Of Money?” - 24 August 2023