Chris Brown (American Singer)
Virginia-born singer, dancer, and rapper Chris Brown has been frequently compared to Michael Jackson, a testament to his widely recognized talent. And while he also shares some similarly notorious baggage, many continue to admire Breezy for his contributions to the contemporary RnB landscape. Launching his eponymous debut album at the age of 16, “Run It” helped skyrocket Breezy into mainstream stardom, evolving as an artist and performer with every release. In 2009, however, things would take a dark turn for Chris, who found his image and career in shambles after assaulting his then-girlfriend Rihanna in a publicized domestic abuse case.
Despite things looking grim, and many actively turning their backs on Breezy, he ultimately overcame the fallout and continued his forward trajectory. With a fervent and loyal fanbase behind him, Brown delivered album upon album, including two late-decade leviathans in Heartbreak On A Full Moon and Indigo. Comparisons to MJ continued to pile on, many of which were delivered by his industry peers like 50 Cent and Joyner Lucas. All things considered, Chris Brown’s talent has cemented him as one of the defining R&B artists of our time.
- Brown attended Virginia’s Essex High School.
- Chris Brown was signed by Jive Records at age 15.
- He was awarded his first GRAMMY at the 54th GRAMMY Awards, that being Best R&B Album for F.A.M.E.
- Brown appeared in three episodes of “The O.C.”He considers himself a graffiti artist, having recently painted cartoonish monster murals on the outer walls of his Los Angeles mansion that prompted complaints from his neighbors.
- Brown’s father is a corrections officer.He first started singing in talent shows and church choirs.
- Michael Jackson and Usher are his greatest musical influences.
- He founded, owns and operates his own imprint, Chris Brown Entertainment (AKA Culture Beyond Your Evolution).
- Chris Brown has been romantically linked to Karrueche Tran.