Reekado Banks Nigerian Singer
Reekado Banks BIOGRAPHY
Born December 6, 1993. Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon, professionally known by his stage name Reekado Banks, is a Nigerian songwriter, entertainer, stage performer, and singer with an estimated net worth of $2.1 million. He came to the limelight with his hit single “Turn it up,” featuring Tiwa Savage, and gained international recognition with his role in the Mavin All-Star hit track “Dorobuchi.” He was discovered by ace Nigerian producer and music mogul Don Jazzy who signed him in 2014.
Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon (born 6 December 1993), renowned by his stage name Reekado Banks, is a talented Nigerian singer and songwriter. He signed with Mavin Records in 2014 and left the label in 2018. He went by Spicy‘s stage before his record deal with Mavin Records.
Reekado Banks was declared Rookie of the Year at The Headies 2014 and won the controversial Next Rated award at The Headies 2015. His debut studio album Spotlight was released on 1 September 2016; it debuted at number 10 on the Billboard World Albums chart.
Reekado Banks Early Life & Education
Reekado Banks is the last child of a music-loving family. He was born on the 6th of November, 1993, which makes him 29 years old. His father is a pastor from Ondo State, and his mother is a caterer. Moreover, his elder brother is a producer, and his elder sister is a gospel singer.
He grew up in a disciplinarian setting due to his parents being pastors. Reekado Banks completed secondary school at the age of 14. In 2014, Reekado Banks graduated from the University of Lagos with history and strategic study degree.
Reekado Banks Music Career
Reekado Banks started recording his first set of songs in 2008. His elder brother produced all of his earlier songs and tutored him on singing, writing and producing. He derived the stage name Reekado Banks by combining the meanings of the two names.
The former part of his stage name translates to “Strong Ruler“, while the latter loosely translates to “Wealth“.He has cited Don Jazzy, 2Baba, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Olamide, and M.I Abaga as his key musical inspirations.
His record deal with Mavin Records came from his brother submitting some of his songs to the label in an online talent search. Reekado Banks got signed to Mavin Records after his entries were selected from over 5000 entries.
In an interview with the National Mirror, he said his brother submitted his songs and communicated with the label on his behalf without his initial consent. Reekado Banks also told the National Mirror he’s a versatile artist who makes music because humans are different and have different tastes.
Reekado Banks premiered the single “Turn It Up” on 21 February 2014, which coincided with the day he signed with Mavin Records. The song featured Tiwa Savage and was released as his first official single under Mavin Records. He was featured on the critically acclaimed song “Dorobucci“, alongside Don Jazzy, Korede Bello, Tiwa Savage, Di’Ja, Dr SID and D’Prince.
Reekado Banks also worked with some of the artists mentioned above to release three collaborative singles: “Adaobi“, “Arise“, and “Looku Looku“. On 13 February 2015, he released the Don Jazzy-produced song “Katapot“. It was alleged to be a diss track towards D’banj and Wande Coal. In February 2015, Don Jazzy debunked the allegations in tweets.
While speaking to Vanguard Newspaper, Reekado Banks said he created “Katapot” for his fans.
In July 2015, Nigerian telecommunications company Globacom signed Reekado Banks to an endorsement deal. On December 7, 2018, he announced his departure from Mavins Records after 5 years. He also announced the launch of his independent outfit, Banks Music.
In September 2019, he sacked his elder brother, Temi Solomon as his manager. When asked the reason he did that, he said: “It was just next level dealings, I wanted to get somewhere else, the vision became a lot farther, like I saw farther than I used to see and I just needed somebody that’ll see as much, most especially someone that’s been there with other people (artists) but me and my brother are cool”.
After being away with no hit songs, Reekado Banks returned in 2021 with a brand new tune titled “Ozumba Mbadiwe“.
Reekado Banks Perosnal Life
A couple of time, Reekado Banks has been pictured with Femi Otedola‘s daughter, Tolani. Many believe she might be his girlfriend. Reekado Banks is not married and has no wife.
Reekado Banks Net Worth
Reekado Banks has an estimated net worth of US$2.1 million. His earnings are majorly on music and other business ventures.
Reekado Banks VIDEOS
Reekado Banks DISCOGRAPHY
- Spotlight (2016)
- Turn It Up” (featuring Tiwa Savage) – February 21,2014
- “Dorobucci” (with Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D’Prince, Korede Bello and Di’Ja) – May 1, 2014
- Adaobi” (with Don Jazzy, Korede Bello and Di’Ja) – May 27, 2014
- Chop Am” – August 8, 2014
- “Arise” (with Don Jazzy and Di’Ja) – September 20, 2014
- Looku Looku” (with Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr SID, D’Prince, Korede Bello and Di’Ja) – October 31, 2014
- “Katapot – February 13,2015
- Corner” – July 9, 2015
- Sugar Baby” – July 10, 2015
- Tomorrow” – July 11, 2015
- Oluwa Ni” – January 15, 2016
- Standard” – June 5, 2016
- Spotlight” – September 1, 2016
- Easy (Jeje) – July 29, 2017
- Kiss Me” – July 29, 2017
- Like” (with Tiwa Savage and Fiokee) – December 6, 2017
- Pull Up” – April 3, 2018
- Bio Bio” (featuring Duncan Mighty) – July 9, 2018
- Blessings On Me” – September 26, 2018
- Yawa” (featuring Reekado Banks and DJ Young) – March 21, 2019.”
- Maria” – March 29, 2019
- Rora” – September 5, 2019″
- In Put In Pressure” – November 29, 2019
- You Dey Mad” (featuring AttiFaya) – November 20, 2020.”
- Speak to Me” (featuring Tiwa Savage) – November 26, 2020
- Need More” (featuring Kida Kudz & EO) – November 27, 2020.”
- Happy Yourself” – November 27, 2020
- Ozumba Mbadiwe” – October 21, 2021
Reekado Banks NEWS
Reekado Banks QUOTES
- Fredo Bang Welcomes Newborn Child With Lesbian Couple - 11 January 2023
- Gunna Makes First Post Since Jail Release, Shouts Out Young Thug - 11 January 2023
- 50 Cent Says He Wishes Tony Yayo Blew Up Instead Of Him - 11 January 2023