Chase Bennett feat Cole Bennett – Toxic
Chase Bennett is an Upcoming Artist from Indiana with a unique style. Since starting music in 2015, he has risen to new levels of success by consistently dropping new songs for all types of listeners. His versatility and constant positivity keeps the fans fully engaged in his presence. Switching back and forth between sweet, slow melodies and catchy rap flows without a hiccup gives him an advantage when taking over a song — offering up these smooth transitions over crisp beats leaves the listener drawn in and wanting more. While staying genuine to who he is as a happy individual, Chase Bennett puts out music that makes the fans feel good when they’re listening to it. Someone you’ll want to watch out for.
We were able to have a quick interview with Chase Bennett about his latest released, titled “Toxic” (feat. Cole Bennett).
- How did you first get into music?
I got into music mainly because of my dad. He always showed me important aspect of music and I took a liking to it.
- What instruments can you play?
I don’t play any instruments unless you consider vocals an instrument haha.
- Where do you see your musical career in 10 years?
In 10 years I hope to be thriving off of my music. I don’t need to be the biggest artist in the world, I just want to live comfortably off my music.
- Which instrument is your favourite to play?
If i had to choose, I would say the piano. I love the sound.
- Which instrument is your least favourite to play?
Any of them i sound bad on.
- What would you say is your greatest strength as an artist?
My greatest strength as an artist would be my versatility. I can make a song in almost any genre.
- What would you say is your greatest weakness as an artist?
My biggest weakness as an artist would definitely be my fear of rejection. I get nervous to put out music because I’m not sure it will be interpreted well.
- Who is your favourite musician?
My favorite artist is 100% Drake.
- What is your proudest accomplishment as a musician?
My proudest accomplishment as an artist would have to be my song “Amen!” hitting one million streams this year on Spotify.
- What interests or hobbies do you have outside of music?
Outside of music I enjoy playing video games, going to new restaurants and generally just kickin’ it with my friends.
- What is your creative process when making music?
I try to stay loose when I’m recording. Have a couple drinks and let the music take me where it needs to go. I never write anything down its all punch-in freestyles.
- Tell me about your top performances.
I haven’t performed anywhere live if that’s what you’re meaning, but I do have a show coming up May 27th in my hometown.
- Take me through how the song idea came about, the writing and production process.
Toxic came about from an all time low in my life. I hated where I was, what I was doing, etc. I was sick of always being in a constant loop of despair. My brother and I were going through some beats one day and this just poured out instantly. I recorded the whole song in my bedroom.
- Who would you most like to collaborate with artistically?
I think it would be really cool to collaborate with some TikTok artists. (Nic D, Stacy Ryan, Nate Good, etc.) Obviously the big dream would be a Drake feature.
- Who has been your most influential teacher or mentor?
My dad has been my most influential mentor. Knowing he’s self made in what he accomplished in life gives me the drive to believe I can do it too.
- Have you ever taught or mentored another musician?
I have a few other local artists I work with and try to give them game. Its a lot of encouragement and helping them get their music recorded to put out to the world.
- What was your worst performance?
Luckily I haven’t experienced this yet.
- How do you deal with disinterested or unruly audiences?
Just keep the energy high and they’ll come around.
- Do you prefer to work alone or collaboratively?
I really enjoy working alone solely for the fact that I often feel like people aren’t as excited as me about music. However, I also enjoy the creative process of bouncing ideas off of another artist.
- What are your favourite venues to perform at?
We will have to wait and find out!
- What inspires you as an artist?
Im inspired by everyday life. The unknown things that could happen at any given time.
- How do you nurture your own creativity?
Taking breaks for sure. I get stuck in creative ruts and have to fore myself to get out in the world and make something happen so I HAVE something to write about.
- Do you have trouble with performance anxiety?
Im sure i will when the time comes. I enjoy performing at open mics and karaoke events after a few drinks though.
- What are your favourite musical genres, and are there any you dislike?
My favorite genres are Hip-Hop, Pop Punk, and oldies. I don’t dislike any genres of music though.
- How do you differ from most other artists?
I differ from other artists in a way that my sound is genuine and spoken from real life experiences. I’m just a normal kid and I want other people like me to know they can do this too.
- How do you think of your previous song comparing to this newly released?
The last two songs I dropped are relatively similar in genre, however, “Toxic” is more from the heart and not just something I wanted to try my hand at like “Paparazzi” was. I have a good feeling about this new release.
- Kanye West Officially Marries Bianca Censori, Tells Her To Never Speak Again: Report - 8 October 2023
- Steve Harvey Allegedly Scared Of His Wife Majorie Harvey - 10 September 2023
- Amber Rose Proves She’s The Ultimate Baby Mama On Wiz Khalifa’s Birthday - 10 September 2023