Motivate is a single created by Nigerian American artist King Uche featuring fellow Miami, FL rapper Phresh305. King Uche created this single after a testing year filled with trials and tribulations. The central message is that; wherever you are in your life, wherever your hurt and pain comes from; whether it’s from fighting poverty, fighting pandemics, or fighting social injustices- it can not define you. As long as you stay strong and MOTIVATED to win You Can Never Lose!
King Uche is a Nigerian musician who currently splits his time between Miami, Florida, and Los Angeles, California. This allows him to incorporate the originality and uniqueness of West African hip hop and afrobeat sounds into his music, as well as the positive flavour of life in California. Today, he releases his new EP, “UCHE MUSA,” which is based on true events such as Mansa Musa’s rule, the Nigerian civil war, and King Uche’s quest to be born in the ghettos of Nigeria.
All of this inspired him to write music, which he hopes will serve as a spiritual stimulus for those who lack motivation and inspiration: a positive and uplifting message delivered through Hip Hop and Afrobeats. Despite his failings and past, King Uche’s determination has not dimmed, and everybody who listens to him finds comfort and camaraderie!
Today we had a chance to interview King Uche about his journey into the music industry and his freshly released single, “Motivate.”
- How did you first get into music?
Growing up I always liked music that can make me feel something or want to move, that Is how I got into music and wanted to create my own sound that people can relate to
- What instruments can you play?
I can play my voice
- Where do you see your musical career in 10 years?
In the next 10 years I see myself as a prominent music executive
- Which instrument is your favourite to play?
- Which instrument is your least favourite to play?
- What would you say is your greatest strength as an artist?
My tenacity to never give up
- What would you say is your greatest weakness as an artist?
- Who is your favourite musician?
- What is your proudest accomplishment as a musician?
Earning a spot on the top 10 Itunes releases in my home country of Nigeria
- What interests or hobbies do you have outside of music?
I love sports and anime
- What is your creative process when making music?
No days the same. I like to be in my element when creating and just let my senses run wild to make the best project
- Who would you most like to collaborate with artistically?
- How do you deal with disinterested or unruly audiences?
You can’t please everyone! I just go out there and let my music speak for itself. As long as I give it my best and put my passion into it that is all that matters
- Do you prefer to work alone or collaboratively?
- What inspires you as an artist?
Right now I am inspired by all the creativity and new sounds coming out of Africa, particularly Afropop and Afrofusion
- What are your favourite musical genres, and are there any you dislike?
Rap, Hip-HOP, Dancehall, Afrobeat, World, Trap, Grime
- How do you differ from most other artists?
I have been called the African JAY Z. My tenacity and swagger is different from most and I bring an element of growth and positivity that you don’t see in todays music
Listen to King Uche Motivate song below!
- Steve Harvey Allegedly Scared Of His Wife Majorie Harvey - 10 September 2023
- Amber Rose Proves She’s The Ultimate Baby Mama On Wiz Khalifa’s Birthday - 10 September 2023
- 50 Cent Not Happy With “The Expendables 4” Poster: “Did We Run Out Of Money?” - 24 August 2023